The only official TAM Card® provider in Nevada.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who needs a TAM® Card?
Anyone working at any establishment or venue who sells or serves alcohol to the public and security guards who work at those establishments is required to have a TAM® Card.
- Do I have to be 21 to take the training?
You must be 16 years of age or older to get a TAM® Card. In Nevada, individuals 16 – 17 years of age may act as a cashier and ring up an order for sealed alcohol if employed at a retail store and supervised by an adult (age 18+). To serve alcohol, a person must be 21 or older. County/city laws may be stricter.
- How much does the class cost?
You can take the class online for $26.95 (payable upon registration). After you complete the online course, you must go to the TAM Official Training Center to take the final exam in the presence of a certified instructor or proctor. When you successfully complete the exam, you will be issued your card. If you choose classroom training, the cost of the course is $35.00.
- Where is your classroom located?
TAM of Nevada’s official training center is located at 2310 Paseo Del Prado A106, Las Vegas NV 89102. Map
- Do I need to bring identification with me for class or to take the exam?
Yes. For ID requirements, please visit our Valid Identification page.
- Do you accept vouchers through Nevada Job Connect?
Yes. Your voucher must show TAM of Nevada or O/E Learning as the provider, along with our address: 2310 Paseo Del Prado A106, Las Vegas NV 89102. Please contact our office at (702) 545-6664 for special instructions regarding vouchers.
- Who is required to attend the Alcohol Beverage Awareness Training program?
In both Clark and Washoe counties, Alcohol Awareness Training is required for individuals in establishments who sell or serve alcoholic beverages by the drink for consumption on premise or in retail liquor stores. Individuals in Clark County who work at a business that sells alcoholic beverages in corked or sealed container or receptacles for consumption off premises also require Alcohol Awareness Training.Effective 2011, NRS 369.630 requires owners or operators of liquor establishments (i.e., hotels, bars, casinos, clubs, restaurants, grocery or convenience stores) who hire or employ persons (i.e., cocktail servers, bartenders, food servers, waiters, waitresses, cashiers, clerks, stock handlers) that sell or serve alcohol, alcoholic beverages, or act as a security guard at such establishments to ensure such persons complete a State-certified Alcohol Awareness Training program and hold a valid Alcohol Education Card.
As a condition of employment, many businesses require that certain jobs or positions outside of those required above also attend an Alcohol Awareness Training program and carry an Alcohol Education Card. For example: several companies including hotels, casinos, and clubs require Executives, Managers, Valet Attendants, and others to attend the class and obtain their Alcohol Education Card. These provisions do not apply to a Nevada Licensed Wholesale Dealer, or a private club, or other facility which is not open to the public. An establishment that violates provisions pertaining to Alcohol Awareness Training is subject to an administrative fine ranging from $500.00 to $5000.00. To remain in good standing with your employer and to avoid unnecessary fines, be sure to keep up on your training and renew your Alcohol Education Card every four years, as required by Nevada state law.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal. Customers may also pay cash in our office.
- What is the cost of the online and instructor-led training program?
The online course is $26.95. The instructor-led course is $35.
- What is your refund policy?
Once you register for a course, there are no refunds. The one exception is if your credit or debit card was charged multiple times for the same course. If you run into technical difficulties, please contact us at [email protected].
- I don’t need the card anymore – Can I get a refund?
The cost of the training includes proof of completion in the form of a TAM® Card. You cannot receive a refund for the training, even if you decide not to come in and get your card. We suggest you come in any way to take the exam and get your card in case you need it in the future.
- I completed the training 6 months ago – Can I take the exam now?
After purchase, you have 90 days to complete the training course and come in to take the proctored final exam. If you do not complete the training and exam within those 90 days, you will need to retake the training course once again.
- When will I receive my TAM Card?
Your card will be issued as soon as you pass the proctored exam at the TAM of Nevada Official Training Center.
- How do I get a replacement TAM Card?
To replace a lost or stolen TAM card, please contact our training center at 702-545-6664. We will check for your status in our database before issuing a replacement card. You will need to bring identification to our training center. The replacement fee is $10.00.
- For how long is my TAM Card valid?
TAM Cards are valid for four years from the date of issuance.
- Can I take a shorter class to renew my card?
The State of Nevada requires that you retake the entire certification course every 4 years. However, we offer an online course as an alternative to classroom training. Many of our participants find this to be a more convenient option as they can learn at their own pace.
- How long does it take to get my card after I finish the training?
Upon passing the exam, you will be issued your TAM Card immediately.
- What’s the difference between a TAM Card and an alcohol awareness card?
Click here to learn more and find out.
- Can I take the online course if I have never had an Alcohol Education Card (TAM Card®) in Las Vegas?
Yes, absolutely. You will get the same content by taking the online course, you just learn at your own pace. The State of Nevada does require you to pass an exam with a score of at least 75% at a proctored location. So, you will have to come to the training center to take a short exam and be issued your card.
- How long is the online class?
Approximately 2-2.5 hours, depending on the pace of the student.
- Can I log out of the course?
You can log out of the online course at anytime; however, please remember that once registered, you must complete the course within 90 days.
- Do I need to have sound on my computer to take the training online?
- Is the course material printable?
Yes. You may print a Student Manual after completing the program.
- Will my computer work with this course?
Most all PC computers will work with this course so long as you have Internet access. You can login from multiple computers, as long as you are connected to the Internet and remember your username and password.
- I wanted to enroll in one of the classroom training sessions, but I may be about ten minutes late. Can I still sign up for that class?
We actually recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes early whenever possible, especially if you have not registered online for the class. If you will be late for class or need to leave early, it is best to contact the training center beforehand and speak to one of our instructors. You will be tested immediately after the class so you will need to allow enough time to remain in class for the testing period.If scheduling is an issue, then you may want to consider the online course if you have access to a computer. If you do not have access to a computer, you can contact our office and set up a time to use our computers during our regular business hours. After you complete the online training, a proctored exam is administered. Upon passing the exam, we will immediately issue your TAM Card.
- Is there a way for me to take the final exam and get TAM Card online?
The Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education requires an in-person, proctored exam. Therefore, we cannot offer the exam online at this time.
- Where is the location to take the final exam?
TAM® of Nevada is located at 2310 Paseo Del Prado A106, Las Vegas NV 89102. Please refer to our Exam Locations page for more testing locations and times across Nevada.
- How do I print my certificate of completion?
There is no longer a certificate of completion to print. We validate that you completed the online course when you arrive at the training center. If you have a U.S. driver license, DMV-issued ID card, or passport, that is all you need to bring. If you do not have one of the above forms of valid identification, you must present two forms of identification from the Valid Identification list, one of which must contain a photo, before you can take the final exam.
- What is the format of the exam questions?
The exam questions are all multiple choice and true and false.
- Does TAM of Nevada offer corporate programs and discounts?
Yes. TAM of Nevada can offer programs and volume rates for large properties. Our clients can choose to subsidize the training as part of an employee loyalty program or offer a corporate discount to their employees through a preferred provider agreement with TAM of Nevada.
- Will TAM of Nevada conduct training classes at our location?
Yes. TAM of Nevada can offer the TAM training program at your location or schedule group session at our official training center. We have several certified TAM instructors who can hold regular classes and proctor exams at your facility. We can also arrange to issue cards on location depending on the number of students and scheduling requirements.
- Can TAM of Nevada track and report on alcohol awareness card renewal or expiration dates?
Yes. We can provide monthly reports on employees whose cards are due to expire. We can also provide renewal notices to your employees to ensure that your employees are staying current on their Alcohol Beverage Awareness Training requirement.
- Can TAM of Nevada audit our employees to check for valid Alcohol Awareness Cards?
Yes. We can provide compliance audit services on a monthly or quarterly basis to ensure that your employees are in compliance and have valid Alcohol Education Cards.
- Can our employees take the TAM online training program at a corporate discount?
Yes. Your employees may use their corporate discount with our online and classroom programs. They would still need to take a proctored exam at our official training center or your facility if we are conducting on-site training for you.
- I was in the middle of taking the course and was dropped out. What do I do?
This is probably due to poor internet connectivity and is more likely to occur if you are connected via a wireless internet connection. When you return to the course, you can navigate to the location where you left off and restart from that point.
- Certificate of Completion? There is no longer a certificate of completion. Simply come to our office after you complete the training and log back in to take the exam. We take your picture and hand you your TAM Card when you pass.
- Not all of the pages show a check mark next to the title?
Occasionally, Internet browser security settings block the check marks from being recorded. Once you complete all the pages and the practice exam, come into our office to take the final exam.
- I registered and was taking the course, but logged out so I could come back later to start the course, but when I tried to login, I received a message telling me that there was no such username. How do get in?
On registration, you were asked to provide a valid email address as your username and to choose a password. After you register you are automatically put into the student center because the system recognizes that username. Often, a student will type an incorrect address such as “[email protected]” leaving out the “m” in ‘hotmail” or any other such misspelling. If you typed in your username incorrectly, please contact us at [email protected] so we can correct it for you so you can login again.
- What if I can’t remember my password?
Click on the lost password link and type in your e-mail address. A new temporary password will be sent to you in an e-mail. Please remember that passwords are case sensitive.
TAM® Official Training Center
2310 Paseo Del Prado A106
Las Vegas, NV 89102